Raspberry Wine Cake
1 box moist white cake mix
1 3-oz package of raspberry flavored gelatin
4 eggs 1/2 c. vegetable oil
1 1/2 c. raspberry wine
1 1/2 c. powdered sugar
1/4 c. white sugar
- Preheat over to 325 degrees.
- Spray a 10 inch bundt pan with cooking spray. Dump 1/4 c. white sugar into the pan and shake around the pan until coated with sugar. Dump excess sugar.
- In a bowl, stir together cake mix and gelatin. Add eggs, oil and 1 c. blackberry wine. Beat 3-5 minutes until well blended.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- While the cake bakes, mix remained 1/2 c. wine with 1 1/2 c. powdered sugar. Have this ready BEFORE the cake comes out of the oven.
- When cake comes out of oven, leave in pan. Immediately pour half of the sugar/wine mixture into the cake. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- After the 10 minutes, turn cake onto rack and let cool.
- Once completed cooled, pour the rest of the sugar/wine mixture over the cake.
Please tell me someone else was thinking of My Big Fat Greek Wedding and the bundt cake scene!
You will likely have wine left over after this recipe. I recommend reducing it in a saucepan for a while until it becomes like a syrup. It is great drizzled over warm brownie and garnished with fresh mint and berries! Delicious!!!